Saturday, July 9, 2011

4th of July Weekend in Lava Hot Springs

We spent last weekend in Lava Hot Springs with Adam's family. It was a blast. We learned that Lava is a bit trashy, but still mega fun. We started the night off with dinner and bingo. Adam won a couple times. It was so exciting!


Sunday was swim day. We spent the morning at the swimming complex. All who were allowed (so, not me and the little kids) went down the water slides. Adam and Taylor played on the diving boards and platforms. Even Lyv snuck onto the diving board twice. She's a brave one. After running the kids ragged at the pool, we went back to the hotel where the tired ones slept and the rest of us got ready for tubing fun. I wasn't so sure I was going to tube...you know, since I'm super pregnant...but I decided to, and it was awesome. We rented a four-man tube. The first go around, I was instructed to sit in the middle. We thought this was wise and the safest route. False. It was horrible. So Mary Jo and I took turns sitting it out and taking pictures. The tube really was only meant for four and it was a lot more fun that way. On our last run, we hit a rapid at a crappy angle and I unintentially aspirated a lot of water. No good. No good at all.


That night, everyone hit up the mineral pools. I hung out on the deck to avoid roasting Baby Kay. It was such a fun trip full of staying up late with the brothers, joking around with the parents, and playing with the little kids.

4 comments:

Tyler and Megan said...

I LOVE THE FOURTH OF JULY!!!
Sounds like fun!

Bekah said...

I went to Lava yesterday, we didn't float the river. There have been too many bumps, bruises, and stitches from that river in our family. We just swam in the pool. Lava is trashy, but it's a quaint little place.

Woodward Family said...

Oh I love Lava, I'm so jealous! That river has some pretty bad memories on my end so I don't know if I'll ever float that again (1 man or 4 man tube!). The hot pools are my favorite though-- my philosophy- just don't just roast the baby too much. So next time take a toddler with you who doesn't want to sit for very long, then you are in and out enough that you can still enjoy the fabulous hot pools! Your trip looks like a lot of fun though!!

Gavin and Mallory said...

We went there for the first time a few weeks ago and it was a blast! Good luck with the baby, you will be a great mom!