Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Basement Camping and Weekend Fun

Two weeks ago, our central air stopped working. This is awesome since pregnant women tend to thrive in 90 degree temperatures. It sucked. While it was broken, AK set up a little bedroom in our unfinished basement. He blew up our air mattress, moved the tv and wii downstairs, and moved my piles and piles of pillows downstairs. We spent just about all our time in the basement since it was at least 15 degrees cooler than our bedroom (hottest room in the house). It was kind of an adjustment, especially my jaunts to the bathroom (getting up off the air mattress and then climbing the stairs to the bathroom on the main floor...plenty of effort). But we both slept so much better down there. Last week the nice man came and fixed our AC. I am so glad it's working. But I've been kind of loving the basement camping, so we've kept it up. It's a great way to keep me super chilly, which I love. Poor AK sleeps wrapped up in down comforters though. What a champ.

We had a glorious weekend together. It was so busy and so great. I love when I get a full weekend of Adam time. Bliss. On Friday, we went to Mona because Adam needed to inspect a claim there. We popped in on some family while there. Then we hit up the red barn in Santaquin for some amazing produce and ice cream. So great. That night, we went to the drive in movies. We love movies. We love drive ins. The movies weren't that good but it was so fun being together. We think it'll be a good way for us to go to movies once Baby Kay's here. We stayed up later than we have in ages. We didn't get home until almost 1:30. It was like the good old days!

On Saturday, we picked up our Bountiful Basket and got some good cleaning done. We took a nap (in the basement, of course) and did some shopping for Baby Kay. Then we went to my aunts house for a birthday barbeque and some swimming (Adam swam, I did not). I love hanging out with family!

Sunday morning, AK woke up early and made me an amazing breakfast, he even made homemade blueberry syrup. What a champ. He loves me. I'm living the dream (with the exception of the horrible heat rash and back pain).

2 comments:

*Aliese* said...

If I had a basement, I'm sure I'd enjoy camping there as well since it's bloody hot here. Apparently summer decided to make it's appearance. I guess I shouldn't complain since the 100+ degree days were few and far between until now.

Brit said...

I was at the drive ins on Friday with Kody! We saw "Our Idiot Brother" and "Change up". They weren't as good as I was expecting, but it's still a pretty great deal! What movies did you see?