Sunday, June 20, 2010

One Year!


I married the greatest guy in the world one year ago today. We celebrated in Logan this weekend with some camping, Maddox, shopping, playing, summerfesting, and some Anniversary Inn time. It was a great weekend (I'm a bit sad it's already over) and the perfect way to celebrate a really spectacular first year of marriage.

Marrying Adam was the best and easiest decision I have ever made. He is the best husband and my best friend. He makes me laugh and takes such good care of me. I still can barely believe that I managed to snag such a guy. I also still marvel at how perfect he is for me. Literally perfect. I am so lucky and grateful that Adam and I have each other and will forever.

Adam,

Thanks for marrying me. Thanks for being an amazing husband. Thanks for taking out the trash and cleaning the bathtub. Thanks for rubbing my crappy joints and making fun of my many oddities. Thank you for being a genius and for telling me I am smarter than you...even though we both know I am not. Thanks for being so proud of my minor accomplishments and for believing that I am capable of many more. Thank you for telling me I am pretty even when I look like an orphan in pajamas. Thank you for making so many sacrifices. Thanks for being cool and interesting and fun to hang out with. Thanks for being a really good driver so I don't heave. Thanks for being quirky and hilarious. Thanks for making me take my inhaler when I'm having asthma troubs but am being too stubborn to do anything about it myself. Thanks for teaching me more about love and kindness every single day. Thank you for all the surprises and for the consistencies. I am so grateful for you and I love you so much. You really are the best husband ever and I am astounded and thrilled that you'll be mine forever. I hope I make you as blissfully happy as you make me every day. Thank you for making this past year the very best one of my life.

~your Jen

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Yay for one whole year!

Becky said...

Congratulations! Sweet post.

Hatch said...

Congrats, that is awesome!