I have plenty of posts/pictures that I am behind on updating. We went to amethyst two weeks ago. I'll add those pics soon, promise. I also finally finished sewing our curtains. They aren't super fancy or anything but curtains are boring and I've had so many more fun sewing projects that I keep putting off the curtains...but now they are done and look amazing and my living room is a bit less beige.
But, because it takes time to upload pictures (not a lot, I know...I'm a dork) and I have to be at home, which I am not (I'm on hold with an insurance company...a common occurance at work), I'll just do this tag so that my neglected blog is at least updated in some form.
*A little tidbit: Today is the 6th anniversary of my first date with the greatest Adam Kay who I knew would eventually become my husband. It was blissful!
1. What bill do you hate paying the most? That would be the HOA. Adam actually pays this bill but I sure don't like it. Especially when we have ugly overgrown bushes that they neglect. I don't mind it as much in the winter because I sure don't like shoveling snow.
2. Do you miss being a child? In many ways I do. I was a really free spirit...kind of fearless. I entertained myself and didn't have a care in the world. I was also more playful. I'm still a little childish so I don't miss my youth terribly, but I do miss being fearless and carefree. I also kind of miss having somebody else do all the sucky chores.
3. Chore you hate the most? I actually like doing most chores...especially if I have a day off. I like to do all my cleaning in one big rush. But I really hate cleaning the pans/dishes after making dinner. I just spent all that time making dinner...why should I spend more time in the kitchen cleaning? Hate it. Luckily, Adam usually takes care of this for me. He's a good fellow.
4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? Well, Adam and I are pretty much the most romantic couple ever and every single dinner we've ever eaten is romantic. Uh...just kidding. It was probably at home. I don't really know/remember. We sure love each other a lot but we really just aren't that "romantic".
5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be? I would have tried out for Into the Woods my senior year of high school and not cared so much about being a good swim team captain because my efforts weren't really appreciated, the coach was pure scum, and I really didn't love swimming that much. I would have had a lot more fun being in Into the Woods.
6. Name of your first grade teacher. Her name is Mrs. England. She was lovely. One time we were instructed to write a short story. In part of mine, I used the word "so" but spelled it "soooooooooo" for dramatic effect. She did not enjoy that. I have really bad allergies, always have. This usually results in very watery eyes. So while Mrs. Englad sweetly told me to ditch the extra "o"s (I was allowed to keep 3...my word seriously took up most the page), my eyes were watering and I was sniffling. So she apologized and felt terribly bad. I tried to tell her I was fine. That same year we dabbled in the Italian language (ALPS = blissfully nerdy kids), I was in a musical involving many fairy tales, and a bird peed on me. I've hated birds and loved musicals ever since.
7. What do you really want to be doing right now? I'd like to be at home working on the quiet book I'm making. Or spending time with AK...if he were allowed to leave work and galavant around with me. That'd be swell.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up? A mom, a teacher, or an artist. Apparently "PA" never crossed my mind.
9. How many colleges did you attend? So far 3. SLCC, USU, Uof U. Hopefully we can keep it at 3 and the U will let me into their grad program. If not, hopefully I'll be given the chance to make it 4. Otherwise, I'm kinda screwed.
10. Why did you choose the shirt you have on right now? Well, it's a little nerdy. I'm wearing the outfit I wore on my first date with Adam (six years ago today). This is the first time I've worn this outfit on our first date anniversary, but I was feeling nostalgic. The red shirt/blue jacket combo is now a bit snug. I had the freshman -15 rather than the freshman 15 at the time. I've more than made up for that now though.
11. What are your thoughts on gas prices? They are fine. I disliked them when they were above $4 /gallon and I drove a horrible, gas guzzling truck. But my little corolla is quite efficient and I pretty much don't consider the price of gas. There's nothing I can do about it. I work quite far from where I live, thus, I must drive regardless.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? ALREADY!? I don't like to wake up. Ever. But last night I stayed up until 3 am crafting because I couldn't sleep (my dad, brother, and I are all insomniacs).
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night? I'm bummed that the weekend is over. It went by too quickly.
14. What famous person(s) would you like to have dinner with? I think I'd rather just have dinner with Adam. I like him better than some famous person I've never met. Or my friends or family. They aren't famous but I like them.
15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle? Not my current vehicle...hopefully I never do. But I have crashed many other vehicles. None of which were technically mine. I totalled my sisters neon shortly after obtaining my lisence. I did a bit of body damage to my mom's van. And I rear ended my mom's van while in my sister's tempo (a particularly shining moment...but I warned my parents for weeks that the breaks didn't seem to be working well). Luckily, all my wrecks were quite some time ago and my insurance rates don't suck. I'm a much better driver now.
16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer? Absolutely. I want them to kind of be one in the same. My dream is to provide humanitarian medical aide in third world countries. That would be amazing. But I loved volunteering at the senior center and I really want to volunteer at PCMC.
17. Get up early or sleep in? Sleep in. Hands down. As long as it isn't too late that I start to feel lazy and am wasting my day.
18. What is your favorite cartoon character? Does Robin Hood the fox count? Also, I've been kind of craving duck dales lately...so maybe some Webby.
19. Favorite thing to do at night? Sleep. But earlier in the evening, I love watching shows or playing games. I like to hang out with Mr. Kay. He's a delight.
20. When did you first start feeling old? I don't really feel old. Most of my friends have progressed a little more in life than I have (kids, careers) which might affect that. Not sure. I guess I felt older when I got married. But not old.
21. Favorite lunch meat? Either turkey or roast beef...freshly cut from behind the deli counter.
22. What do you get everytime you go into Walmart? Random items. I don't really buy the same thing every time. I often don't buy anything.
23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? No. Maybe no. I think it's symbolic. I think if I wasn't religiously inclined to wed, I may not feel the need. I didn't really feel different after getting married. I loved Adam so much and was completely devoted to him before we got married. Getting married was a celebration of our commitment and it allowed us to advance our relationship (because we are LDS and waited until we were married to...). I think a lot of people don't respect what marriage is and some people have better relationships unmarried than many married people do. I think those who don't value their marriages have led society to where we are now. But I think it is important to promise yourself to your mate and to be faithful to them. Personally, an LDS temple marriage was important to me. I needed to make certain promises to Adam and to God that mean a lot to me. But I understand that many don't share my religious beliefs and I respect their ways of devoting themselves to their spouses as well...in some form of marriage...even common law. Mostly, I think you should pick one person and mate for life. It's healthy and beautiful. That was a lot of babble I think...sorry. I love my husband and I love being married to him. K?
24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about? I'm not really ashamed of stuff I like. I like a few rated R's (I know I shouldn't, but I do), and some really lame stuff. Adam says that the movie I should be the most ashamed of liking is Mannequin. I disagree. It's funny.
25. What's your favorite drink? Diet Pepsi Vanilla.
26. Whom from high school would you like to run into? Probably Holly Knackstedt because that would mean one of us is on vacation which is a nice thought.
27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now? I think X-96 or NPR.
28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives? I haven't seen more than 5 minutes of either. I don't have channels so I don't do much tv watching anyway. I will agree with Aliese though, if I'm watching trashy tv, it's Sex and the City.
29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back? I wasn't really in a lot of relationships...nor do I make a lot of mistakes (just kidding, I'm a walking screwball). If the guy I dated breifly before Adam counts as a relationship, I would take back hurting him. I wasn't entirely honest when I ended it (you see, I didn't ever actually end it) with him. I did the guy thing where I kind of lied and didn't really ever break up. I'm a jerk. I thought it'd be nicer. It wasn't. He really is one of the nicest, coolest guys ever (just not as nice or cool as Adam...which is why this guy got the ax) and I'm sorry I treated him the way I did.
30. Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work? Hailey...remember when it was you (on Thursdays at least)? That was fun. I like everybody I work with...as people. That doesn't mean I love working with them all the time. But I like them all the same. But I really liked working with Hailey and Brittany. They're good friends and in a similar situation in life.
31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? Haha! Yes. And many times for other shenanigans. The time I had to use it for it's intended purpose could very possible offend some people so I think I'll keep it to myself. But it was really funny. I was the fire extinguisher operator. I almost died. I couldn't breathe. That part sucked, but it really is kind of a funny story...unless you love birds a lot.
32. Last book you finished reading? The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest. I liked that series. I can't exactly recommend it though since it is a bit naughty. Crude language is frequented. The writing is splendid though.
33. Do you have a teddy bear? I do. I have had a small, white (white-ish now...it's a bit haggard) teddy bear named Pookie since I was a babe. I don't know his current location (my guess is a box somewere) but he's around.
34. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth? Um...the grand canyon? Work? I don't really think dental hygeine is strange, regardless of the location. Maybe I don't get it.
35. How old are you? 24. It seems to be a good age. Although I think I preferred 23.
Congratulations if you made it through all that blabbing! You must be as bored as I am.
Pictures and some legit posts to come. Happy 6 years of dating, champ!