Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas & New Years

I've been busy...can you tell? I'm finally catching up though. On Christmas Eve, Adam and I hung out with his family eating crab and playing games. Then, we came to my house to play more games and sleep. Adam slept on our (Adam and Jen's) couch and spent Christmas morning with my family. We wore our matching pajama pants, a tradition Aliese & Darrin also do. Here we are, Christmas morning, in the pj's. We were watching A Christmas Story while waiting for Jacob and Natalie to wake up. Note my wonderful leg lamp on top of the tv.

We opened presents at my house. I got pink boxing gloves, a new backpack, dishes, etc. Adam got two jackets, games, clothes, etc. Then we went to Adam's parent's house to watch the neices open gifts. Adam spent a couple hours playing a nintendo game with his brothers while I entertained the little girls. Christmas dinner was at my aunt's house with my extended family. We went ice skating the Saturday after Christmas. Aliese has a great picture of that. The boys (Adam, Jacob, and Darrin) all had sorta matching jackets and the girls (Me, Kelli, Aliese) all wore puffy vests. The matching wasn't intentional but sure made it easy to find family members among the crowd.



Now for New Years...Adam and I went to my Grandma's on New Years Eve. We ate dinner and played games all night. Such fun.
2008 Tag:

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
I got engaged. Adam proposed on August 9, 2008.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't know if I made any resolutions or not...I have general goals but likely failed to reach
them since I don't even remember what they were.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Many of my friends gave birth...congrats on the kids.

4. Did anyone close to you die? My nana died a few weeks ago.

5. What countries did you visit? Mexico! In January, I went to Cabo san Lucas with Adam's family. It was so much fun! Perhaps I'll do a Mexico post since that was before the days of the blog.


6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A husband and a place to live with him.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory and why? August 9, 2008. Adam proposed to me...not something I'll ever forget.
8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year? I honestly can't think of one which is a bit sad.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not doing as well as I should/could have in a couple classes.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Neck brace fun at the beginning of the year. I also mangled my foot a month ago but I'm pretty sure it's fine...just hurts. I'm a clumsy gal.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A giant couch - with Adam.
12. Who did you have the most fun with? I always have the most fun with Adam. Probably the most fun of the year was in Mexico...it's hard to beat. I also have quite a bit of fun with Jacob and/or Kelli but not in any specific instances.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Appalled at my office manager...she has been a bit rude the past couple of months and I'm friggin' sick of it.
14. Where did most of your money go? Gas tank, phone bill, big couch...I dont' make a lot.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Our engagement and my brother's swimming accomplishments.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Dumb...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a)happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Same. Same...I think...maybe a little fatter. Poorer. Sucky 2008.
18. What do you wish you'd done less of? Moping and doing nothing. I've wasted a lot of time just doing nothing.
19. Did you fall in love in 2008? I remained in love.
20. What was your favorite TV program? I don't watch tv but I do watch Friends and Gilmore Girls on dvd.
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? There's always room for hatred...just joking...I guess I don't actually "hate" anyone, but I do strongly dislike some new people.
22. What was the best book you read? Unfortunately most of the books I read sucked because they are text books...I read the twilight series so I guess that wins by default.
23. What was your greatest musical discovery? Huh? Maybe that I should have stayed a music major...I suppose that could technically be a musical discovery.
24. What did you want and not get? Probably nothing...I'm content...maybe someday a house...oh, I also wanted a scarf and pink tools but neither really matters.
25. What was your favorite film of this year? Maybe Forgetting Sara Marshall...not sure though. I know there were a couple more good movies but I just don't remember.
26. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Again with the memory stuff...I would have to do a fair bit o' thinking...My birthday was on a Sunday so I went to church and taught primary...I probably hung out with Adam the rest of the evening. I turned 22.
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Maybe getting married this year...or not being in school.
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Either jeans or sweats...I look like shish the vast majority of the time. I'm very casual and don't really care to spend too much time on looking cute...I clean up good though and try to prove it on occasion.
29. What kept you sane? Mr. Kay and occasionally Rx's. Adam is rad and he helps to keep me focused when I need to be and also helps me forget everything when necessary.
30. When you think about 2008 what sticks out in your mind? How glad I am to have Adam and my family and friends and that life is short and I need to live it up more.
31. Best moment of 2008? Engagement!
That'll have to do for now...Happy 2009!

1 comment:

Amy and Mike said...

It sounds like you had some good things happen last year, and will have some better things happen this year. Do you graduate this year?