Wednesday, July 14, 2010

...and the kitchen sink

As I mentioned in my last post, our old kitchen sink had pretty much had it so we chucked it and got a new sink and faucet. We decided to do all the work ourselves. I don't know if this was the best decision but everything seems to be working fine...we must have missed a calling as plumbers perhaps. Anyway, here are some not stock photos:

I didn't take any before photos...I wish I would have...but here is our old kitchen sink after a week in our trash can. He's filthy, but I don't make a habit of cleaning garbage. Our sink and faucet were both stainless which would have been fine if we had any stainless appliances in our kitchen. The sink was also really shallow and the faucet quite low so we couldn't fill larger pans or pitchers.The new sink matches our kitchen much better since all our appliances are black stainless and all our doorknobs and light fixtures are oil rubbed bronze. And, I can fill ginormous pans now! (The new sink is a creamish color - not white - it's quite lovely and super deep). So pretty!

1 comment:

Brit said...

Looks great! Now we will have to come over and see it!