Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Halloween

I never posted our Halloween pictures so here they are.  I have never been a huge lover of Halloween but because my husband and child are, I have tried to embrace Halloween and we pretty much go all out now.  This year, we went to my parents Halloween party the weekend before (I think I will one day get the picture from that, we'll see) which Avynlee loved.  On Halloween, I made Avs a Halloween breakfast and took her to a special Halloween story time and the West Jordan library where she also go to trick or treat.  We trick or treated at Grandma Jo's bank too.  That night, we trick or treated in my parents' neighborhood, had clam chowder and pumpkin pie (like very year) with the Grandparents Chipman, then trick or treated in Adam's parents' neighborhood with Bree and Lyv.  We had so much fun.  Avs has asked at least once a day since if she can go trick-or-treating.  Poor girl has to wait a whole year!

Can you see the two jack-o-lanterns and the Mickey?  I died them orange for the festivities.

This year we were characters from Monsters, Inc.  (Remember last year?)  I have really enjoyed making our costumes within a theme.  Matchy and lame?  Maybe.  But I still love and will do it as long as my family lets me.  This year, Avynlee wanted to be a monster.  She didn't seem to care what kind so I suggested this and she loved it and pretty much thought the whole thing was her idea.  Win win.  I am Mike, Adam is Sully, and Avs is Boo in her monster costume.  We loved them and were much warmer than last year.

I had big plans to carve a bunch of pumpkins.  I only made it through 3 though.  Avynlee chose two patterns and Adam chose one.  I didn't get around to carving mine.  We got all of these bad boys from other people.  Sweet!  Our realtor gave us three big ones, Mary Jo gave us a big one and a gourd, Avys got the medium sized one from Ruby's party, and Kyle and Gloria gave us all the babies.

Avynlee's Hello Kitty witch and her melted crayon gourd.  I thought melting crayons onto her gourd would be a fun toddler activity, having never tried it.  It isn't.  It is super hot and hot wax kind of blows everywhere.  I did most of it and she watched.  Then she was sad because, "Gourdy all dirty now!"  At least I tried.

Avynlee became a huge fan of "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" and would watch it often.  She also chose the Linus with the pumpkin pattern.

This is the dire wolf Adam chose.  It turned out pretty cool.
All in all, Halloween was a blast.  We are still prying candy out of Avynlee's hands on a regular basis and reminding her that Halloween is over.  I am already getting excited for next year since we'll have a new house to decorate (and therefore new decorations to make/obtain) and a new theme to decide to dress up as.

No comments: