Monday, July 27, 2009

My husband and I...

I stole this from my friend who is recently or nearly engaged...don't know which. Feel free to steal from me if you like.

  • What are your middle names? Adam Kyle Kay and Jennifer Ann Chipman Kay
  • How long did you know each other before you started dating? A bit more than a year
  • Who asked who out? I asked him to ask me out
  • Whose siblings do you see the most? We're tied...3 and 3. Things are more technical though which could swing the count in either direction...but we both basically have 3 siblings each.
  • Do you have any children together? No...praises no. Someday but not anytime soon.
  • What about pets? No. I wish we could have a bunny but I'm allergic. One day we might get a pet but I don't really see it happening.
  • Did you go to the same school? We both went to West Jordan High School...just not at the same time. We also both attended USU for a spell.
  • Who is the most sensitive? It depends on what's being referenced. Adam is sweeter and nicer and cares about things more than I do but I'm more emotional.
  • Where do you eat out most as a couple? We don't have a certain place...we both love greek food and Apollo. Lately it's probably McD's though because there isn't much around. If we're eating out beyond fast food we try to avoid chains or places we've been.
  • Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? PEI for our honeymoon.
  • Who has the craziest eyes? I think we both have pretty normal eyes. He'd say me though because mine get super dilated for no reason at all (or perhaps it's all the drugs I do ;) ) and one of my eyes sometimes is a little lazy (more than a little sometimes...@ Hay: Adam pointed mine out to me too...swell).
  • Who has the worst temper? Probably me.
  • Who does the cooking? We both do. We love to cook together. If I get home before he does, I do the cooking. He cooks too though. I'd say it's 70/30 in my favor.
  • Who is more social? Definitely me. Adam's quite shy...which surprises those who know him well.
  • Who is the neat freak? Uh...neither of us are freaks. I like things a certain way: a single dusty footprint on our kitchen floor annoys me, I do about 3 more loads of laundry than he'd do, I like our closet organized my way...but he's plenty tidy as well...he especially likes to clean the kitchen counters a lot (it's a germ thing).
  • Who is the most stubborn? We're both very stubborn but he's nicer so he gives in.
  • Who hogs the bed? I was so sure it would be me because I've always been a nightmare to share a bed with (so say my relatives and friends) and I purposely hog the blankets...Adam has definitely given me a run for my money though. He steals the blankets about half the time and he roles and squishes me. We're both obnoxious sleepers...good thing we're stuck together.
  • Who wakes up earlier? We wake up together but I usually get up earlier...just because I usually have to leave earlier.
  • Where was your first date? Logan...we went bowling, then to Charlie's, then to his apt. to scratch lotto tickets.
  • Who has the bigger family? His immediate families are bigger because both his parents are remarried. My extended families are bigger...I have more cousins.
  • Do you get flowers often? Not often at all. Maybe a few times ever. They die anyhow...he does other things to surprise me and make me happy.
  • How long did it take to get serious? I was serious from the beginning. After a few months we were both fairly serious...but marriage talk didn't happen for another year or two. We got married 4 years and 9 months after our first date.
  • Who eats more? Depends on the day. We sometimes eat nothing. We sometimes gorge. We're probably about even over all...He might eat a little more than I do...although you'd never think so to look at us.
  • Who sings better? I do. I love it when Adam sings though.
  • Who does the laundry? So far I do...I like doing it and I'm particular about how it's done. He helps fold and put away though. I'm sure he'll do it sometimes too.
  • Who’s better with the computer? Maybe me...I don't know...we can both hold our own.
  • Who drives when you are together? Adam always drives unless we're carpooling to work...then I drive because I have to go farther than he does.
  • Who picks where you go to dinner? I hate to choose things but sometimes Adam forces me. I try to choose as little as possible.
  • Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong? Usually Adam...I'm never too far behind...you can't be upset with someone like him for long.
  • Who wears the pants in the relationship? We both play our parts. We're a team.
  • Who has more tattoos? No tats for us.
  • Who eats more sweets? Maybe him, but we both dislike candy and rarely eat other forms of sweets...we get our sweet fix from fruit mostly.
The end. Being married has been a blast...not much different than before really...I don't leave at night...that's the only difference. And we have less money. And I vacuum and mop more than before.

No comments: