Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Ward

We attended a full block in our new ward today.  I think we are really going to like it here.  Our ward is big and full of kids.  My parents' ward was fine but I really missed having a full, noisey sacrament meeting.  I am more comfortable with the constant buzz.  Avynlee is usually good natured at church but she is almost always loud.  She just blended right in though.  We sat by a mom with five pretty daughters and Av crawled up and down the aisle touching and admiring their shoes, one by one.  "Ooh!  Look at this girl's shoes, Momma!  They are so sparkley!"  Girl we just met: Do you like them?  "Yes! I do!  They are so pretty and cute!"  Not only were they not annoyed by my irreverent, sweet girl, they actually adored her.  After returning from a trip to the rest room (so proud of how well she is doing, by the way), the youngest of the cute family came over to share her game with Avey...as seen in my inappropriate church picture.  They were being so cute, I couldn't resist.  I was so grateful for this cute and kind family for being so sweet with Avynlee.  I also loved that when time was turned over for testimonies, a long line of children quickly formed.  I love kid's testimonies!  They are do much better than long stretches of silence occasionally filled will someone rambling anecdotes.

Avynlee was stoked for her nursery class.  She raced in.  I had to call her back for a hug and kiss.  Her class is huge and our ward is so new so the kids wear nametags which are color coded by location of their parents.  I eat that dorky, organizational stuff up.  When I dropped her off, there was a station for dropping balls down PVC pipes and one for "painting" construction paper with water.  There are two play kitchens and a farm toy as well.  Av was in heaven.  She still lamented the lack of her best friend, Tommy, but luckily there are loads of kids she will likely grow to love.

Relief society was great and everyone is trying to get to know each other.  There are so many ward activities and there is a weekly play group.  I'm really looking forward to getting know everyone better.

The best part...we have 9:00 church!  I'm thrilled!  We were still late, that's kinda my thing, but we got there during the sacrament, not too shabby.  No more toddler powering through lunch or nap time.  It's pretty much the dream.  Plus, when we got home and put Avs down for a nap, I took one too!  And when I nap, I go full boar! Av and I both slept for three hours.  Deeelightful!

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

No comments: